Complete Medication Management System
P5 Med is a complete medication management system that includes medication charts, prescriptions and numerous alerts, assisting staff achieve an error free medication administration process.
Key features of P5 Med:
• Addresses the Nine Rights of Medication Administration
• Right patient • Right documentation
• Right drug • Right action
• Right route • Right form
• Right time • Right response
• Right dose
• Prescriptions can be populated, printed, ready to be signed & submitted
• Medication categories on the chart follow actual practices ie. Regular Medications packed’, ‘PRN
medicines’ or Infrequent medicines’ etc
• Administration & relevant resident / client information appears on the chart directly from completed
nursing assessments – Recently administered & previously prescribed details are instantly viewable
• Auto-population of medication details onto charts & forms
– From entered prescriptions or other pharmacy / GP software systems
• Instant links to medication Incident forms, progress notes, weights & vital signs, health management
forms, medication administration assessment details, infection forms and others
• Our Mim’s medication data updates more frequently than other medication systems’ data
• Medication round alerts
• Administration & other related alerts
• Medication options manager
Live vs docking device
A ‘Round’ can often take… 2-3 hours to complete.
A LIVE wifi medication system, using wireless technology will tell you instantly a medication is ceased or an allergy has changed or a new medicine is ordered.
A GP or Prescriber adds these details from any location, they are on the chart so the nurse/carer completing the ‘Round’ will see these changes instantly. A Round can take 2-3 hours to complete, hence having this information LIVE means less potential errors.
Only a LIVE wifi system will give staff accurate and immediate medication administration details. A docking device system can only tell the person completing the ‘Round’ what was current 2 or 3 hours ago, when they started the round, as details wont update their charts until they ‘dock in again’ at the end.
Medication administration errors could occur if a medicine is ‘ceased’ whilst a round is underway and this detail isn’t shown straight away.
The average cost of one ‘docking device’ could = 8 tablets.
Live wifi tablets = 8 staff using tablet devices for recording numerous activities or events at the same time instead of just one staff member doing a ‘round’.
The cost of adding extra wifi boosters to enhance signals.